Accomplishments I'm proud of
I've been mulling over things to write about today and struggling to come up with ideas. I googled "journaling prompts" and came across a list of 25 from Huffpost.
I liked this one: "22. What are 5-10 accomplishments that I am really proud of?"
I think it's a good idea to remind yourself of what you have accomplished from time to time because we tend to focus on what we suck at most of the time.
So, here is a list of things that I've accomplished that I am proud of.
- I graduated from high school.
- Started university, and then continued in spite of ending a significant relationship and abruptly having to support myself in a big city.
- I actually went to university, managed to stick with one program, and actually graduated.
- I have a dog that people often say is well-behaved and polite. I still think we both have a long way to go in training, but she's a pretty good citizen.
- I've finally, as an adult, found a group of friends that I am totally comfortable being around, and I trust them enough to be vulnerable around them.
- I have some money in a savings account. It's not much, but it's approximately enough to get me by for one month. I'm happy that I've managed to save that much.
- I have been taking a photo every single day for 967 days (today's photos is up there ^).
- I am a mostly self-taught photographer, and I finally have a strong understanding of the technical aspects of photography.
- I have meditated every day for over a year, I believe this has significantly impacted every aspect of my life.
- I got help for depression and anxiety. I got on medication, and I stuck it out through several different therapists before I finally found one that works well for me. I'm still alive, that's a pretty big deal.
What things have you accomplished?